Offers Designers, Managers and Contractors Quick-Install Solutions to Integrate Power, Technology with Furniture. CMD Limited, the leading maker of custom commercial electrical power solutions since 1984, announced today the launch of its newest office product portfolio full of solutions for designers, managers and contractors to quickly, easily and attractively run power and technology with office furniture. CMD was acquired in January by IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. of Sycamore, Illinois, United States. IDEAL® is a world leader in electrical power control and management. Its core business, wire connectors, are found in virtually any light switch or junction box in North America and around the world.
“For over three decades, we’ve worked to create solutions that meet the challenges of integrating power and media access to enhance the lives of people in the workplace,” said Jon Holding, General Manager of CMD Limited. “With the design and development of this new line, we’ve been more focused than ever on quick, easy installation and products that are easily adaptable for any contractor, designer or end user.”
CMD designs, manufactures and customizes a wide range of workplace power management products for below the floor (e.g. busbar, floor boxes) and above the floor (e.g. power modules, CPU supports, monitor arms and cable management solutions) installations. The newest products joining CMD’s wide-encompassing resources for office equipment includes:
• Reach Spring Assisted Monitor Arm – Arguably one of the slimmest of its type on the market today, the arm tension can be adjusted quickly using a simple Allen key system to support monitors ranging between 2kgs and 5kgs, which covers most popular brands.
• Vision S Pole Monitor Arm – The newly designed monitor arm has been given a face-lift and is now based around a 32mm pole. The arm sections have been dramatically reduced and reshaped to improve the overall appearance of the arm and new cable management clips have been designed to ensure that cables remain securely in place.
• Elite 32mA RCD Protection Module – This unit has three pole connections to allow it to be inserted into an existing desk power installation to provide RCD protection in compliance with the latest BS6396 standard for electrical installations in office furniture.
• Chip on desk 4A USB Charging Module – With more and more devices using USB the demand for traditional sockets on the desk is failing. This stylish and fully integrated on desk power module simply connects to your under desk power using a Wieland or plug to offer two USB power supplies capable of charging all leading phones and tablets.
• Porthole IV In Desk Power Module – This module includes two USB power supplies, which are capable of charging all leading mobile phones and tablets. It is designed to share the power when two devices are connected but can deliver a maximum 4A to a single USB socket when only one device is connected. Additional power is supplied by a choice of UK and international sockets.
CMD is committed to delivering value-added electrical and ergonomic solutions to professional commercial providers – making a positive contribution to the productivity and aesthetics of the working spaces.
For more information or to place an order, please visit www.cmd-ltd.com.