LINIAN invented and manufacture a range of LINIAN Fire Clips. Their product range was originally designed to meet the requirements for fire resistant cable fixings on fire alarm systems in accordance with BS5839 - meeting recommendations for Fire Rated Cable Fixings in Escape Routes BS7671 Amendment 3.
However, one of LINIAN’s main advantages is that their products are multi-purpose for an array of solutions and as such are suitable for installing both electrical and fire alarm cables.
The current legislation (BS7671 Amendment 3) requires the use of Metal Cable Fixings in escape routes. It has been proposed that regulatory changes in January 2019 could make it compulsory to use metal cable fixings within the whole installation and not only on fire resistant cables. Many engineers and installers are now wondering how to meet these standards while maintaining their margins and making the most efficient use of their time.
LINIAN Fire Clips are tested in accordance with BS50200 and DIN4102-12 (the standards that Fire Rated Soft Skin cables are tested to) to give the installer the peace of mind that the cable fixings are as robust as any fire rated cable installation whether the cable is required to be fire rated or not.
In a market where no other costs effective solutions are readily available, LINIAN Fire Clips are the future of compliant cable installations.
The LINIAN Fire Clips are:
- Three times faster to install than traditional methods
- Expertly designed to save time, money and lives
- Compliant with the recommendations for Fire Rated Cable Fixings BS 7671 Amendment 3
The LINIAN Fire Clips also meets the following standards:
- Compliant with BS 5839
- Independently fire rated tested to 120 minutes (British Standard) and 90 minutes (EU)
- Burn tested with a melting point of >1000 degrees Celsius
- Pull out or tensile load equal to 244 newtons = one bag of cement
For more information please visit: www.linianclip.co.uk